Lake Dillon Fire-Rescue saves Frisco townhome |

Lake Dillon Fire-Rescue saves Frisco townhome

FRISCO – Lake Dillon Fire-Rescue saved a townhouse on Alpine Drive from significant damage early Monday morning from a fire that started with a potpourri burner left on a stoveA neighbor’s call resulted in a 4:37 a.m. alarm dispatch to the Village Townhomes. The caller reported visible smoke and flames.The neighbors let firefighters access the back of the unit through their townhouse and responders saw smoke but no visible flames.Unable to know if the unit was occupied, firefighters broke a rear window to gain entry, officials said.A thermal imager helped firefighters determine people were not present and no active fire was found. The investigation showed the fire apparently originated with a potpourri burner that was left unattended on a gas stove in the living room area.The burner appeared to have overheated, started a small fire and then was smoldering when firefighters extinguished it. The smoke was extensive and firefighters ventilated the unit. The owners are apparently Denver residents and firefighters were not able to contact them, fire officials reported.”The community is starting to benefit from the results of having 24/7 coverage from operating fire stations,” said Lake Dillon Assistant Chief Jeff Berino. “The quick response, and quick entry into the unit, averted what could have potentially been a bigger fire.”

Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.

Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.

Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User