Libertarian runs in 57th District on platform of reversing government out of control
To the citizens of General Assembly District 57: “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
Benjamin Franklin’s immortal words ring truer with each and every passing day.
As our finite liberties undergo a daily assault from a government grown out of control, it’s long past time for every American to question where this path will inevitably lead.
We are faced with citizen spies, intrusions into our private communications; unwarranted, secret searches; budget crushing “Homeland Security” bureaucracies; and endless attempts by government, at all levels, to prevent law-abiding citizens from defending themselves.
How might we fix the problem?
1) Support citizen candidates, elect them and hold them closely accountable to the people.
2) Review all current laws for constitutionality or relevance and purge the books of any which do not meet this very narrow criteria.
3) Defend all constitutional protections favoring the private citizen over government, as the founders proposed.
4) Stop expecting government to be all things to all people and end all programs not explicitly provided for in our state and federal constitutions.
5) Dramatically and permanently reduce taxes in conjunction with item No. 4, including the end of all income taxes.
6) Elect candidates and support judges who favor citizens over big government.
During these troubled times, as government requires us to surrender our rights, supposedly, in order to defend them, it’s time we revisit our legacy as a free people.
If you believe in a live and let live form of government, as the founders intended, and you truly desire less government and lower taxes, please allow me to represent you in the Colorado House of Representatives. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Note: House District 57 covers Grand, Jackson, Routt, Rio Blanco and Moffat counties. Summit County is in the new 56th District , which also includes Eagle and Lake counties.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.
Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.
Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User