9/11 remembrance ceremony to be held in Breckenridge
September 10, 2018
Residents and visitors alike are invited to attend a community ceremony in Breckenridge on Tuesday in remembrance of those who lost their lives on Sept. 11, 2001.
The Red, White and Blue Fire Protection District and the Breckenridge Police Department are hosting the event in memory of the 17-year anniversary of the attacks. In 2009, President Barack Obama signed a law making Sept. 11 a National Day of Service and Remembrance.
The event will begin at 9 a.m. at the Blue River Plaza, and will include a flag raising ceremony by members of the combined Honor Guard to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Breckenridge Ski Resort’s ‘epic’ winter keeps getting better as it nears 200 inches for the season
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Misjudgments led to avalanche that killed Longmont man in southwestern Colorado, according to report