A new Summit County business offers mindfulness classes for children
October 21, 2016
A new business in Summit County is aiming to teach children how to better manage emotions and stress, and increase their empathy, optimism and concentration. Summit Mindfulness was recently founded by Rob Van Hyfte and will offer mindfulness classes for children ages 11 to 18.
Van Hyfte will be holding several information sessions for parents to learn more about the business. The sessions will be at the SOS Outreach location at 110 Third Ave. in Frisco. The first two sessions are on Nov. 10 and 17, 7–8 p.m. The third will be on Dec. 11, 4–5 p.m. There will be snacks provided.
Van Hyfte has taught classes with SOS Outreach, a nonprofit that works with youth through outdoor programs.
Trending In: Local
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- Breckenridge swearing in new police chief on April 23
- Boulder’s Mark Williams delightfully disrupting best-laid Democratic campaign plans
- ‘Skiing off to war’ presents story of 10th Mountain Division Wednesday
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017
- La Escondida: A hidden-gem bakery in Silverthorne