Arapahoe Basin invests $1 million in new base upgrades
September 14, 2016
Construction at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area continues in order to provide guests this winter with more than $1 million in improvements.
By the end of the summer, A-Basin will have completed the final phase of its Base Area Plaza project, a major regrading and resurfacing of the base area, guest walkways and administration parking lot. The undertaking will offer enhanced accessibility with wider walking paths, accessible ramps and a better pedestrian surface. This finalizes the look and feel of the new Base Area Plaza.
Expanded retail space at Arapahoe Sports has been another focus of this summer's retrofits. By completion, the ski area will have doubled the square footage of its retail area, allowing new vendors to move in and give customers more options.
The projects are the third consecutive offseason where A-Basin has invested more than a $1 million into upgrades. With sights yet again set on opening at some point in October, it won't be long before skiers and riders are experiencing the new developments.
Trending In: Local
- 62-year-old Dillon woman dies skydiving in California
- Summit County to consider draft of short-term rental regulations at Tuesday meeting
- Summit County Coroner’s Office hosts Frisco Zombie Walk
- Summit High, Middle schools to hold ribbon cutting ceremonies
- Silverthorne passes Summit County’s strictest rules on short-term rentals
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Silverthorne backs 110 with hope for Exit 205
- 15-hour standoff outside of Breckenridge ends peacefully
- At Arapahoe Basin Ski Area’s opening day, shredders share their new ski season resolutions
- Dillon celebrates first year successes of revamped amphitheater, looks ahead to 2019