Arapahoe Basin Ski Area closes for the season
June 3, 2018
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area closed for the season on Sunday. The closing comes eight days earlier than last season due to warm temperatures that even altitude couldn't offset. While hundreds visited the resort during its last weekend, some complained about slushy conditions. Regardless, everyone had fun at one of the only places in the country that still has skiable powder in June. The resort closed the season with a farewell message on their Facebook page.
"Thank you for another incredible ski and ride season! From Opening Day to powder days to Beach days, it was a rockin' winter. We're always sad to say goodbye to skiing and riding, but we're excited for a jam-packed summer."
Trending In: Local
- Colorado River District unveils six principles for water-use reductions for all users
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Dillon Ranger District campgrounds to close for season on Oct. 7
- Co-defendant testifies in Ramon Villa sexual assault trial
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Developer blasts Silverthorne town council after Hudson Park Lofts project falls through
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Jury finds Kenneth Casey guilty in Frisco child pornography trial
- Frisco town manager announces resignation effective Oct. 9