Arapahoe Basin Ski Area closes for the season
June 3, 2018
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area closed for the season on Sunday. The closing comes eight days earlier than last season due to warm temperatures that even altitude couldn't offset. While hundreds visited the resort during its last weekend, some complained about slushy conditions. Regardless, everyone had fun at one of the only places in the country that still has skiable powder in June. The resort closed the season with a farewell message on their Facebook page.
"Thank you for another incredible ski and ride season! From Opening Day to powder days to Beach days, it was a rockin' winter. We're always sad to say goodbye to skiing and riding, but we're excited for a jam-packed summer."
Trending In: Local
- Silverthorne finalizes pay increase for next town council
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak
- Keystone Resort changes up parking situation in advance of opening day
- Friends of the Dillon Ranger District to host second annual Casino Night fundraiser on Feb. 7
- Steadman Clinic opens new expanded facility in Frisco
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- No one injured or missing in skier-triggered avalanche at Loveland Ski Area
- Inbounds avalanche at Taos Ski Valley buries 2 men near summit
- Can modular homes save ski towns?
- Gibbs resigns as commissioner for Polis cabinet post, Democrats will appoint a successor