Authorities ID man found dead at Frisco overlook on Interstate 70
February 8, 2018
The Summit County Coroner's Office has identified the man whose body was found inside a snow-covered car Wednesday morning at the Frisco Scenic Overlook as Elsworth Crowe Jr., 50, of Denver.
The manner and cause of his death are pending an autopsy, which will be performed later this week, according to the coroner's office.
Authorities closed the Frisco Scenic Overlook on westbound Interstate 70 on Wednesday as they investigated Crowe's death at the popular pull-off site.
Police were called to the overlook shortly after 9 a.m. Wednesday to check on a car that had been left there for a few days.
Inside, they found Crowe's body in the driver's seat. He was the only person inside the car.
Colorado State Patrol Sgt. Pat Williams said that police do not suspect foul play.
Recommended Stories For You
The investigation is ongoing.
Trending In: Local
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Search for Tyler Gorrell suspended with no sign of the missing Denver resident
- Tuesday workshop at CMC Breckenridge to focus on building a welcoming community
- Colorado River District unveils six principles for water-use reductions for all users
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)