Authorities ID man found dead at Frisco overlook on Interstate 70
February 8, 2018
The Summit County Coroner's Office has identified the man whose body was found inside a snow-covered car Wednesday morning at the Frisco Scenic Overlook as Elsworth Crowe Jr., 50, of Denver.
The manner and cause of his death are pending an autopsy, which will be performed later this week, according to the coroner's office.
Authorities closed the Frisco Scenic Overlook on westbound Interstate 70 on Wednesday as they investigated Crowe's death at the popular pull-off site.
Police were called to the overlook shortly after 9 a.m. Wednesday to check on a car that had been left there for a few days.
Inside, they found Crowe's body in the driver's seat. He was the only person inside the car.
Colorado State Patrol Sgt. Pat Williams said that police do not suspect foul play.
Recommended Stories For You
The investigation is ongoing.
Trending In: Local
- Wildfire updates from across Colorado
- Summit County’s animal shelter makes sure no pet is left behind when wildfire hits
- Ask Eartha: Is drought the new normal for the Mountain West?
- Hey, Spike! enjoys seeing locals, visitors and touring artists
- Basalt council majority wants to further restrict or close shooting range
- Former Silverthorne home of Broncos mascot hits market for $23M
- Frisco Bay Marina closes boat ramp, gas dock due to low water
- Frisco’s Whole Foods Market withdraws liquor license application, defusing tensions with local businesses
- Sorry Ironman, Breck Epic will stay ‘true,’ founder says
- Breckenridge ready to ‘finish Peak 8’ with luxury hotel, condos