Authorities ID man found dead at Frisco overlook on Interstate 70
February 8, 2018
The Summit County Coroner's Office has identified the man whose body was found inside a snow-covered car Wednesday morning at the Frisco Scenic Overlook as Elsworth Crowe Jr., 50, of Denver.
The manner and cause of his death are pending an autopsy, which will be performed later this week, according to the coroner's office.
Authorities closed the Frisco Scenic Overlook on westbound Interstate 70 on Wednesday as they investigated Crowe's death at the popular pull-off site.
Police were called to the overlook shortly after 9 a.m. Wednesday to check on a car that had been left there for a few days.
Inside, they found Crowe's body in the driver's seat. He was the only person inside the car.
Colorado State Patrol Sgt. Pat Williams said that police do not suspect foul play.
Recommended Stories For You
The investigation is ongoing.
Trending In: Local
- Crazy Horse family look to set record straight Sunday in Frisco
- Frisco Historic Park and Museum to install Ute tipi for summer months
- Maggie Murray announces run for Summit County Treasurer
- Authorities ID man found dead at Frisco overlook on Interstate 70
- Dillon ice castle includes 50-foot ice slide, crawl tunnels
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- Olympic odds, ends & trends: Red Gerard’s sense of humor shines through on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- Video: Man whistles to moose in Frisco, tries to pet it as it charges
- Silverthorne wants a parade to honor Olympic gold medalist Red Gerard
- Vail is implementing new short-term regulations in March. Here’s what is required