Beavertail Tunnel to close for CDOT construction project
April 21, 2017
The Colorado Department of Transportation will be starting a large repair project on the Beavertail Tunnel on Interstate 70 this Monday. The project includes concrete patches, structural repair, coating of the tunnel liner, repairs to the eastbound service road as well as installing luminaire lighting.
The eastbound service road will be closed to all traffic for several days next week for a hot mix asphalt overlay. The speed limit will be reduced to 40 miles per hour and eastbound traffic will go down to a single lane.
For the duration of the project, traffic will detour to the single lane service road that runs adjacent to the Beavertail Tunnel. Driver will reconnect with I-70 after 1.2 miles.
Construction on the project will happen Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. The project is scheduled to be completed in November of this year.
Trending In: Local
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak
- Steadman Clinic opens new expanded facility in Frisco
- State warns of SNAP benefit disbursement changes, possible benefit lapse due to fed shutdown
- Silverthorne finalizes pay increase for next town council
- Silverthorne kicks up heels with country dancing lessons Friday
- Suspect in custody after officer-involved shooting near Whole Foods in Frisco
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Breckenridge Ski Resort’s ‘epic’ winter keeps getting better as it nears 200 inches for the season