BGV Gives now accepting applications for fall grants
September 12, 2018
Local nonprofits seeking support from the local company Breckenridge Grand Vacations can apply for a 2018 fall grant until midnight Oct. 1.
Managed by the company's philanthropic branch, BGV Gives, the program has awarded more than $1.6 million since 2015 to nonprofit organizations in Summit and Park counties, not including BGV's annual contribution to the Breckenridge Grand Vacations Community Center Library and to St. Anthony Summit Medical Center.
Nonprofits can apply for two different categories — $1,000 or less and in-kind donations or for larger requests from $1,000-$20,000.
For the BGV Gives grants program, any requested funds must directly benefit residents of Summit and/or Park counties. Applicants must demonstrate a clearly documented need for the program or service, and priority will be given to applications in the health, human services and education areas.
Grants will be announced in December. In its last fall grants cycle, BGV Gives awarded over $300,000 to 29 local organizations.
Applications must be submitted via email in PDF format no later than Oct. 1 to BGV Gives program manager Deb Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more, go to BGVGives.org or call Edwards at 970-547-8748.
Trending In: Local
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Outlets to host Wednesday hiring event featuring dozens of big-name brands
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Tuesday workshop at CMC Breckenridge to focus on building a welcoming community
- Vote to save the Tabor. Leadville’s iconic Tabor Opera House the only Colorado site selected for national preservation campaign
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited