Breckebeiner 60K celebrates 15 years at Breckenridge Nordic Center
March 15, 2017
On March 18, the Breckenridge Nordic Center will host the 15th annual Breckebeiner 60K. The event runs from 3-8 p.m. New to the event this year is a dinner and candlelight ski.
Fundraising teams or individuals were able to start showshoeing and skiing on March 11 to reach their kilometer goal. During the event, 6K Nordic loops, as well as a 3K showshoe loop, will be marked. There is a 1K snowshoe loop for children and families, and a treasure hunt at 4 p.m. Registration forms can be found at any of the Nordic Centers or online at BOEC.org. Proceeds from the Breckenbeiner go to adaptive programming at the Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center.
Trending In: Local
- Dillon man wins Summit County Rotary Club’s annual car raffle
- Dillon Ranger District campgrounds to close for season on Oct. 7
- Breckenridge reels from boy’s death as investigation into fatal truck-on-bike collision continues
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Colorado River District unveils six principles for water-use reductions for all users
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Frisco child pornography trial hinges on disturbing images, chain of custody for digital evidence
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Williams Sonoma outlet coming to Silverthorne this fall