Breckenridge businesses invited to join flood relief fundraising drive
September 27, 2017
A pair of locals is organizing a donation drive among Breckenridge businesses to support the victims of hurricane flooding in the Gulf Coast and Puerto Rico.
Called Breckenate (a combination of Breckenridge and donate), the event will encourage the town's businesses to contribute donations, large or small, and ask their customers to help match them through the end of October.
The organizers, Raychel Kelly and Evan Ruddick, will provide participating businesses with donation boxes and return to collect them on Oct. 30. All of the proceeds will go to the American Red Cross, which has asked for monetary donations in lieu of items.
The organizers ask that businesses interested in participating contact them by Oct. 5. Kelly can be reached at 513-432-2468 or BreckenateRaychel@gmail.com, and Ruddick at 513-546-2802 or BreckenateEvan@gmail.com.
Trending In: Local
- Silverthorne passes Summit County’s strictest rules on short-term rentals
- 78-year-old newspaper carrier has delivered the Summit Daily News for more than 20 years
- Amendment 75 aims to close loophole in Colorado’s campaign finance law
- Sen. Bennet secures federal funding, resources against aquatic nuisance species
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Arapahoe Basin, Loveland ski areas announce opening days for 2018-19 season
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on opening day
- Parking garage talks suggest warming relationship between Breckenridge, Vail Resorts
- Summit County placed under hazardous weather outlook
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed