Breckenridge extends bus service as part of New Year’s celebrations
December 23, 2016
Breck extends bus service as part of New Year's celebrations
The town of Breckenridge is partnering with Breckenridge Ski Resort to ring in the New Year with events throughout the area.
At 5:45 p.m. on New Year's Eve, children from ages 5-13 can participate in the Glow Worm Parade. The parade will be held on a green run. The children will ski down in a line with glow sticks to make themselves look like a long glow worm. Register for the event at the Beaver Run Ski and Snowboard School at Peak 9 starting at 5 p.m. that day.
Celebrations continue at 6 p.m. with a Torchlight Parade starting at the tip of Peak 9. Breckenridge Ski and Snowboard School will put on a luminary procession for the parade. The town will end the evening at 9 p.m. with a firework display that can be seen from locations in downtown Breckenridge, weather permitting.
The town's Free Ride transit will have extended service on New Year's Eve. Buses will continue normal service until 2:15 a.m. in order to encourage residents and visitors to not drink and drive. The last routes will leave Breckenridge Station at 1:45 a.m.
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge swearing in new police chief on April 23
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- Boulder’s Mark Williams delightfully disrupting best-laid Democratic campaign plans
- ‘Skiing off to war’ presents story of 10th Mountain Division Wednesday
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017