Breckenridge extends bus service as part of New Year’s celebrations
December 23, 2016
Breck extends bus service as part of New Year's celebrations
The town of Breckenridge is partnering with Breckenridge Ski Resort to ring in the New Year with events throughout the area.
At 5:45 p.m. on New Year's Eve, children from ages 5-13 can participate in the Glow Worm Parade. The parade will be held on a green run. The children will ski down in a line with glow sticks to make themselves look like a long glow worm. Register for the event at the Beaver Run Ski and Snowboard School at Peak 9 starting at 5 p.m. that day.
Celebrations continue at 6 p.m. with a Torchlight Parade starting at the tip of Peak 9. Breckenridge Ski and Snowboard School will put on a luminary procession for the parade. The town will end the evening at 9 p.m. with a firework display that can be seen from locations in downtown Breckenridge, weather permitting.
The town's Free Ride transit will have extended service on New Year's Eve. Buses will continue normal service until 2:15 a.m. in order to encourage residents and visitors to not drink and drive. The last routes will leave Breckenridge Station at 1:45 a.m.
Trending In: Local
- Colorado River District unveils six principles for water-use reductions for all users
- Dillon Ranger District campgrounds to close for season on Oct. 7
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Dillon man wins Summit County Rotary Club’s annual car raffle
- Colorado Association of Ski Towns releases report to spur transportation changes in resort communities
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- A nationally known champion of Native American art, Nancy Blomberg loved Breckenridge’s landscape
- Williams Sonoma outlet coming to Silverthorne this fall
- Frisco child pornography trial hinges on disturbing images, chain of custody for digital evidence