Breckenridge Grand Vacations employees lend a hand to local trails
August 11, 2016
Volunteers with Breckenridge Grand Vacations helped with restorations along the Spruce Creek Trail at the end of July. Each summer, BGV partners with Friends of the Dillon Ranger District (FDRD) to help maintain Breckenridge's many trail systems.
The U.S. Forest Service assessed the trail with FDRD, determining which areas needed the most attention. On Saturday, July 30, 16 volunteers comprised of FDRD staff, BGV employees, and their family and friends donated their time to help clean trails, transplant trees and close trails through sensitive areas.
On Sunday, July 31, another group of 20 volunteers continued laboring on the Spruce Creek Trail and were able to complete work on a drainage system.
Trending In: Local
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breck’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Pet owners turn to CBD treatments for ailing dogs as research on the subject takes shape