Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center and Friends of the Dillon Ranger Distirct hosting ski touring seminar
November 27, 2017
The Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center, Summit County Senior Center and Friends of the Dillon Ranger District will be offering a seminar on preparing for winter ski and snowshoe touring on Tuesday, Dec. 12, from 3-5 p.m. at the senior center in Frisco.
Guest presenters from Wilderness Sports, the Colorado Avalanche Information Center and the Summit County Rescue Group will share information about the latest gear, preparing to travel in a winter environment, where to ski in Summit County, mountain safety, navigation and avalanche awareness.
After the seminar, presenters will be available to answer questions while light refreshments are served. Guests can stick around to learn about winter events including a free ski demonstration day with Wilderness Sports at the Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center on Jan. 11, as well as group snowshoe hikes with the Summit Seniors and Friends of the Dillon Ranger District. Attendees will also be able to sign up for the "So you want to learn to hut trip" program that will end in a fully guided hut trip to Francie's Cabin in March.
Trending In: Local
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- ‘Skiing off to war’ presents story of 10th Mountain Division Wednesday
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Permit system goes into effect Wednesday for overnight visitors to Conundrum Hot Springs
- Boulder’s Mark Williams delightfully disrupting best-laid Democratic campaign plans
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017
- La Escondida: A hidden-gem bakery in Silverthorne