Breckenridge paid parking returns after end of local’s appreciation month
May 31, 2017
Paid parking will resume in Breckenridge Thursday, June 1 following a hiatus for local's appreciation during the month of May.
Parking is free for the first fifteen minutes and then is 50 cents for the first hour after that. For Monday through Thursday, the first additional hour ranges from 50 cents to $1 depending on where the car is parked. The third hour and beyond on Main Street bumps up to $3 because the town is trying to prevent people from parking there all day. There is a different rate for weekends, holidays and special events.
Residents and visitors can use the Passport Parking app on their smartphones to pay. It is available for both Android and iPhone users. The service can also be accessed on phone internet browsers at http://www.ppprk.com.
The service allows drivers to skip walking up to a parking meter and also sends a notification when a parking session is about to expire.
Trending In: Local
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breck’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Pet owners turn to CBD treatments for ailing dogs as research on the subject takes shape