Breckenridge Police Department honored at state police chiefs’ convention
June 29, 2017
The Colorado Association of Chiefs of Police presented the Breckenridge Police Department with the American Spirit Award at the group's annual conference in Colorado Springs on Wednesday, June 28.
The award was presented for "innovative community policing including outreach to the homeless and transient population, work of the downtown unit, work in mental health, and participation in the President's Task Force on 21st Century Policing," according to a post on the department's Facebook page.
Last December, Colorado Attorney General Cynthia Coffman presented the department with the Law Enforcement Agency of Excellence Award, citing similar community policing initiatives.
Trending In: Local
- Widow’s benefits halved after late husband tests positive for marijuana in Loveland Ski Area death
- Silverthorne eyes new regulations for short-term rentals
- Justin Erwin trial hears testimony from accuser’s boyfriend, bartenders
- Colorado hiking trails with waterfalls: South Willow Falls
- Trial begins for Justin Erwin, one of four accused in 2016 Silverthorne sexual assault