Breckenridge Police Department honored at state police chiefs’ convention
June 29, 2017
The Colorado Association of Chiefs of Police presented the Breckenridge Police Department with the American Spirit Award at the group's annual conference in Colorado Springs on Wednesday, June 28.
The award was presented for "innovative community policing including outreach to the homeless and transient population, work of the downtown unit, work in mental health, and participation in the President's Task Force on 21st Century Policing," according to a post on the department's Facebook page.
Last December, Colorado Attorney General Cynthia Coffman presented the department with the Law Enforcement Agency of Excellence Award, citing similar community policing initiatives.
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge swearing in new police chief on April 23
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- Boulder’s Mark Williams delightfully disrupting best-laid Democratic campaign plans
- ‘Skiing off to war’ presents story of 10th Mountain Division Wednesday
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017