Breckenridge Police Department honored at state police chiefs’ convention
June 29, 2017
The Colorado Association of Chiefs of Police presented the Breckenridge Police Department with the American Spirit Award at the group's annual conference in Colorado Springs on Wednesday, June 28.
The award was presented for "innovative community policing including outreach to the homeless and transient population, work of the downtown unit, work in mental health, and participation in the President's Task Force on 21st Century Policing," according to a post on the department's Facebook page.
Last December, Colorado Attorney General Cynthia Coffman presented the department with the Law Enforcement Agency of Excellence Award, citing similar community policing initiatives.
Trending In: Local
- ‘We knew it was arson’; Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were the country’s ‘worst eco-terrorist attack’
- Summit County to consider draft of short-term rental regulations at Tuesday meeting
- Summit High, Middle schools to hold ribbon-cutting ceremonies
- 62-year-old Dillon woman dies skydiving in California
- Summit County Coroner’s Office hosts Frisco Zombie Walk
- Swastikas, SS bolts spray painted on Sheriff Jaime FitzSimons’ campaign posters
- Town staff recommends that Breckenridge should keep controversial troll in place for now
- At Arapahoe Basin Ski Area’s opening day, shredders share their new ski season resolutions
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Dillon celebrates first year successes of revamped amphitheater, looks ahead to 2019