Breckenridge police win award from Colorado Attorney General Cynthia Coffman
December 9, 2016
The Breckenridge Police Department has been selected by the Colorado Attorney General to receive the office's Law Enforcement Agency of Excellence Award. Attorney General Cynthia H. Coffman will present the award on Monday, Dec. 12, at 2:30 p.m. at the Breckenridge Police Department, located at 150 Valley Brook St. The public is invited to attend.
The award is presented every year to an agency that has exhibited excellence, innovation and leadership in the areas of crime prevention, investigative work, community outreach and training.
In the past year, the Breckenridge Police have engaged in a number of programs that fit this bill, including a community traffic initiative, a homeless relationship-building unit, enhanced social media presence and partnerships with local nonprofits.
Trending In: Local
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Permit system goes into effect Wednesday for overnight visitors to Conundrum Hot Springs
- ‘Skiing off to war’ presents story of 10th Mountain Division Wednesday
- Red, White and Blue Fire Protection District hosting candidate forum ahead of first contested board election in years
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- At Copper Mountain Resort’s closing weekend, slopesoakers explain what makes a great pond skimmer (video)