Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
September 13, 2018
Breckenridge Ski Resort is only 35 days away from starting to make snow for the 2018-19 ski season, according to a resort official.
Updating Breckenridge Town Council about what's happening at Breckenridge Ski Resort, vice president and chief operating officer John Buhler expressed his excitement for the upcoming season starting in mid-November, saying on Tuesday the resort is only 38 days away from beginning this year's snowmaking activities.
"So I guess most of you saw that it snowed not too long ago up top, up high, yeah?" Buhler asked to prime the discussion.
The resort just added 55 new low-energy snowmaking guns on Peak 9, he added, and they're rearing "to get that thing fired up and going."
Epic seasons passes are now on sale for $929. For that price, skiers and snowboarders will get access to 65 resorts, including four new ones for the 2018-19 season — Okemo, Vermont; Mount Sunapee, New Hampshire; Stevens Pass, Washington; and Crested Butte.
For a little less money, winter enthusiasts have the options of picking up the Epic Local Pass, currently $689 for adults, and the Summit Local Pass, currently $569 for adults. For more, go to Breckenridge.com.
Trending In: Local
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Outlets to host Wednesday hiring event featuring dozens of big-name brands
- Search for Tyler Gorrell suspended with no sign of the missing Denver resident
- Tuesday workshop at CMC Breckenridge to focus on building a welcoming community
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited