Breckenridge to commemorate 9/11 tragedy
September 7, 2018
To mark the 17-year anniversary of 9/11, the Red, White and Blue Fire Protection District and the Breckenridge Police Department will hold a community remembrance ceremony in Blue River Plaza on Tuesday, Sept. 11, beginning at 9 a.m. Please join the Breckenridge Police Department, Red, White and Blue Fire Protection District and members of the combined Honor Guard for a flag raising ceremony to remember those that made the ultimate sacrifice.
In 2009, the president signed a law that makes Sept. 11 a national day of service and remembrance. This is a day to honor the victims of 9/11.
Trending In: Local
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Outlets to host Wednesday hiring event featuring dozens of big-name brands
- Search for Tyler Gorrell suspended with no sign of the missing Denver resident
- Tuesday workshop at CMC Breckenridge to focus on building a welcoming community
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited