Breckenridge’s new $3.8 million indoor tennis center ready for service
February 7, 2018
Recreation officials from the town of Breckenridge and its council cut a ribbon Tuesday on a new $3.8 million indoor tennis center that's part of the rec center's larger $17 million redo.
New pieces of the remodel are coming into service, and now open year-round is a 17,500 square-foot tennis center featuring two indoor courts, a pro shop and locker rooms with showers.
The tennis center's been built over top of two of the outdoor hard courts, right next to the rec center, and it first opened on Friday.
The tennis center is to be surrounded by six outdoor courts, including three clay courts, after a summer resurfacing project for three additional outdoor hardcourts is complete.
In the larger rec center renovation, the current indoor tennis courts were converted into a new, two-story fitness space, while other improvements call for a new 2,800 square-foot youth wing that will include a year-round indoor playground, Bearly Big Child Care and dedicated youth program and activity space.
The children's wing is expected to be complete sometime this spring.
Recommended Stories For You
The rec center is open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. To book a court, go to BreckenridgeRecreation.com. It is $32 per hour if booked online or $36 per hour if reserved in person. For more info, call the center at 970-547-7895.
Trending In: Local
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- ‘Skiing off to war’ presents story of 10th Mountain Division Wednesday
- Boulder’s Mark Williams delightfully disrupting best-laid Democratic campaign plans
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Breckenridge swearing in new police chief on April 23
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017
- La Escondida: A hidden-gem bakery in Silverthorne