Cases of kennel cough in Breckenridge
October 20, 2016
The town of Breckenridge sent out an advisory email last week cautioning dog owners that cases of kennel cough had been reported.
Kennel cough, which is similar to a cold in dogs, is highly contagious. Dogs may be contagious before showing symptoms such as coughing, retching and a watery nasal discharge. Because the disease is so contagious, the email recommended that dogs showing symptoms should not enter Carter Park. If your dog is exhibiting these symptoms, contact your veterinarian immediately.
The Breckenridge Animal Clinic said they have seen a decline in cases brought in recently, but are still cautioning dog owners against using the park.
Trending In: Local
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- Video: Man whistles to moose in Frisco, tries to pet it as it charges
- After surprise reunion with estranged mother, Katie Uhlaender finishes 13th
- Vail is implementing new short-term regulations in March. Here’s what is required
- Olympic odds, ends & trends: Red Gerard’s sense of humor shines through on Jimmy Kimmel Live