Cases of kennel cough in Breckenridge
October 20, 2016
The town of Breckenridge sent out an advisory email last week cautioning dog owners that cases of kennel cough had been reported.
Kennel cough, which is similar to a cold in dogs, is highly contagious. Dogs may be contagious before showing symptoms such as coughing, retching and a watery nasal discharge. Because the disease is so contagious, the email recommended that dogs showing symptoms should not enter Carter Park. If your dog is exhibiting these symptoms, contact your veterinarian immediately.
The Breckenridge Animal Clinic said they have seen a decline in cases brought in recently, but are still cautioning dog owners against using the park.
Trending In: Local
- Colorado River District unveils six principles for water-use reductions for all users
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Dillon Ranger District campgrounds to close for season on Oct. 7
- Co-defendant testifies in Ramon Villa sexual assault trial