Celebrating summer in Summit County
June 20, 2015
Summer kicked into high gear this weekend in Summit County with a plethora of events geared toward locals and visitors alike. The Colorado BBQ Challenge took over Frisco's Main Street, with thousands of people participating in finger-lickin' food, live music and pig races.
On the other side of the reservoir, the Lake Dillon Brew Fest brought out the crowds to try beer samples from more than 25 Colorado breweries. The festival culminated with free music at the Dillon Amphitheatre from Rocky Mountain Grateful Dead Revue.
In Keystone, women turned it up a notch while participating in the VIDA MTB Series mountain bike clinic.
Whatever residents and visitors participated in this weekend, no one could have really asked for better weather to do it in.
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge swearing in new police chief on April 23
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- Boulder’s Mark Williams delightfully disrupting best-laid Democratic campaign plans
- ‘Skiing off to war’ presents story of 10th Mountain Division Wednesday
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017