$11 million resurfacing project on Interstate 70 to start next week
March 14, 2017
The Colorado Department of Transportation's resurfacing project near Walcott on Interstate 70 is set to begin on March 20. The project will stretch from mile marker 159.5 to 167, and will cost approximately $11.1 million. There will also be bridge work done at mile marker 158.8.
From now until May 15, there will be scheduled daytime lane closures in each direction. Currently, all lanes will be open during peak traffic times in Avon and Edwards. A weekly lane closure report will be made available every Friday on the project website. At this time, there are no weekend closures scheduled. The project is scheduled to be completed in early November.
Trending In: Local
- Suspect in custody after officer-involved shooting near Whole Foods in Frisco
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night
- Justin Erwin accepts plea agreement in 2016 Silverthorne sexual assault case