Colorado House Representative Millie Hamner hosts transportation town hall in Frisco
October 26, 2016
Colorado House Representative Millie Hamner and members of the Colorado Department of Transportation will be having a town hall event on Oct. 27 at the Summit County Community and Senior Center in Frisco. The event will be from 5-6:30 p.m. in the Hoosier Room. Hamner and CDOT will be taking comments and questions on transportation issues in the state.
CDOT recently updated its schedule for lane and ramp closures on eastbound Interstate 70. The closures occur between Georgetown and Idaho Springs. Resurfacing from U.S. 6 to Georgetown began on Oct. 23 and will continue into December. The department's website said motorists will see lane shifts and lane closures from Sunday through Thursday. Work will be done overnight.
There is also work being done on the Mountain Express Lane Project from Idaho Springs to Empire Junction. On Thursday there will be a double lane closure from 4 a.m. to 2 p.m., a single lane closure will continue until 7 p.m. Exit 240 to eastbound I-70 will be closed on Thursday and Friday, Oct. 28, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday will also have a double lane closure until 1 p.m., and single lane closure until 7 p.m.
Updates to CDOT projects can be found at https://www.codot.gov/news.
Trending In: Local
- Summit County senior center lowers age requirement from 55 to 50 in effort to increase membership
- Housing Authority to soon take applications for 2nd round of Blue 52 workforce housing
- Former students will hold benefit recital for cherished Summit County dance instructor stricken by cancer, stroke
- Free workshop in Frisco to focus on business development
- National Alliance on Mental Illness hosting community discussion in Silverthorne
- Frisco residents resist ballot measure that would authorize workforce housing on “pocket park”
- In Summit County, vacation rentals often, but not always, more profitable than long-term leasing
- Crepes a la Cart’s second location eases pressure on one of Breckenridge’s longest, most prohibitive lines
- Steamboat woman turns over custody of embattled husky Sitka
- The new normal: Changes to blood pressure guidelines you should know