Colorado Mountain College hosting workshop with local geologist
November 1, 2017
A local geologist will host a workshop at Colorado Mountain College in Dillon On Friday, Nov. 3, from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Dr. Alex Gunow will host the event, titled Geology of our Dynamic Mountains. It will explain how Colorado Mountains were formed and offer sustainability insights from a "dynamic earth perspective."
The workshop will include a lecture presentation and video that will cover topics including Precambrian formation of earth, the earliest history of Colorado and sustainability implications for the state's mountains drawn from ice core data.
The event is free and will be available to 40 people. To reserve a spot, call 970-968-5801.
Trending In: Local
- ‘We knew it was arson’; Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were the country’s ‘worst eco-terrorist attack’
- Summit County to consider draft of short-term rental regulations at Tuesday meeting
- Summit High, Middle schools to hold ribbon-cutting ceremonies
- 62-year-old Dillon woman dies skydiving in California
- Summit County Coroner’s Office hosts Frisco Zombie Walk
- Swastikas, SS bolts spray painted on Sheriff Jaime FitzSimons’ campaign posters
- Town staff recommends that Breckenridge should keep controversial troll in place for now
- At Arapahoe Basin Ski Area’s opening day, shredders share their new ski season resolutions
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Dillon celebrates first year successes of revamped amphitheater, looks ahead to 2019