Colorado Mountain College staff rides ‘Tour de CMC’
July 10, 2017
As part of Colorado Mountain College's ongoing 50th anniversary celebration, 20 cyclists took part in a five-day, 260-mile ride in late-June that the community college system termed "Tour de CMC."
Climbing, spinning, drafting and occasionally descending, the group visited six of the post-secondary school network's 11 campuses. The event began in Steamboat Springs on June 19 and eventually reached its terminus on June 23 at the Spring Valley campus outside of Glenwood Springs.
CMC has been intent on bringing together community members, early pioneers, as well as current and former students and employees to remind them all that the spunky college is here, as its golden anniversary slogan states, "Because of You." Participants in the event included representatives of almost every campus and challenged college administrators, faculty and some spouses from throughout the college system's 12,000-square-mile service area.
"When you're on a bike, you connect," college retiree Mark McCabe said in a release about the event. "I'd never done a tour like this before. It wasn't a competition; we were all in it together. It's like the college — we're all connected."
For more information about other CMC 50th anniversary events throughout the year, visit: CMCBecauseOfYou.org.
Trending In: Local
- 62-year-old Dillon woman dies skydiving in California
- Summit County to consider draft of short-term rental regulations at Tuesday meeting
- Summit County Coroner’s Office hosts Frisco Zombie Walk
- Summit High, Middle schools to hold ribbon cutting ceremonies
- Silverthorne passes Summit County’s strictest rules on short-term rentals
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Silverthorne backs 110 with hope for Exit 205
- 15-hour standoff outside of Breckenridge ends peacefully
- At Arapahoe Basin Ski Area’s opening day, shredders share their new ski season resolutions
- Dillon celebrates first year successes of revamped amphitheater, looks ahead to 2019