Colorado schools celebrate Bike to School Day next Wednesday
May 5, 2017
Next Wednesday is the sixth annual national Bike to School Day. Around 100 schools in Colorado are participating in the event, which helps to promote safe biking routes for children, as well as the importance of physical activity. More than 1,500 schools are participating nationwide.
The event coincides with National Bike Month. National Bike to School Day was created after the success of Walk to School Day, which falls in October.
The Colorado Department of Transportation is encouraging drivers to pay extra attention on the roads to look out for bicyclists throughout the month.
Trending In: Local
- Search for Tyler Gorrell suspended with no sign of the missing Denver resident
- Glitchy DMV systems, hiker deaths, understaffed jail — just some of the issues facing Summit County
- Applicants received ahead of Monday’s deadline likely to land homes at Silverthorne’s Smith Ranch
- Summit Human Services honored with state award
- Breckenridge’s short-term rentals won’t see any ‘no-knock raids,’ staff explains
- UPDATE: 43-year-old Pennsylvania woman killed in 150-foot fall on Mount Royal
- Breckenridge updates rules for short-term rentals amid firestorm of protests
- Drug dealer gets 5 years for selling fatal dose of Fentanyl
- Mountain Lyon Cafe in Silverthorne will migrate a few blocks this fall
- Silverthorne resident comes to rescue of choking man