Colorado Teacher of the Year nomination process open
May 20, 2017
The nomination process for the 2018 Colorado Teacher of the Year award is now open, and the state's Department of Education is accepting applications.
Each year, the program seeks to honor an exceptionally dedicated, knowledgeable and talent K-12 classroom teach to represent the entire profession in Colorado. Sean Wybrant, a career and technical education teacher at William J. Palmer High School in Colorado Springs, was the last recipient of the award for 2017.
Application materials are available online, and nominator information will not be shared with the teacher. The deadline to nominate someone is Thursday, June 1.
The teacher selected by the education department's competitive grants and awards office automatically becomes Colorado's nominee for the National Teacher of the Year competition.
Trending In: Local
- Video captures moose chasing skiers Saturday at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- No one injured or missing in skier-triggered avalanche at Loveland Ski Area
- Breckenridge Ski Resort ski instructing community thanks 90-year-old for his contributions
- Inbounds avalanche at Taos Ski Valley buries 2 men near summit