Coming Saturday, Xcel’s Day of Service includes Keystone project
September 7, 2017
Thousands of volunteers are expected to blanket Colorado on Saturday for Xcel Energy's Day of Service and there's one local project on the list, according to a news release from the power provider.
The Day of Service will be from 8-11 a.m. Saturday, and during that time, volunteers will tackle dozens of unique projects to help nonprofit organizations throughout the state, including one Keystone Science School, 1053 Soda Ridge Road in Keystone. The plan is to help the science school winterize its campus.
For a complete list of projects or to sign up to volunteer, go to xcelenergydos.ivolunteer.com.
Trending In: Local
- Applicants received ahead of Monday’s deadline likely to land homes at Silverthorne’s Smith Ranch
- Search for Tyler Gorrell suspended with no sign of the missing Denver resident
- Glitchy DMV systems, hiker deaths, understaffed jail — just some of the issues facing Summit County
- Summit Human Services honored with state award
- Hiker who died on Quandary identified as 67-year-old David Law
- UPDATE: 43-year-old Pennsylvania woman killed in 150-foot fall on Mount Royal
- Woman from out of state dies after fall on Mount Royal in Frisco
- New and approved in Silverthorne: Town gives 114-room hotel preliminary OK
- Tyler Gorrell, a 33-year-old Denver resident, is missing in Silverthorne’s backcountry
- Local Hiking Trails Summit: The magnificent amphitheater of Mayflower Gulch