Conversation Project takes on ‘a good death’
September 6, 2016
Join several experts for a guided conversation focused on how to talk with loved ones about wishes for end-of-life care. The free event will be held at the Summit County Community and Senior Center on Thursday, Sept. 8, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
The Conversation Project will be led by Celynn McClarrinon, MSW, a native Coloradoan and certified grief recovery Specialist. McClarrinon has worked with hospice for the past 10 years in Vail and is a local expert regarding end-of-life care.
This session is designed to teach people how to talk about their preferences for the end of life.
The Colorado Medical Orders for Scope of Treatment (MOST) and The Five Wishes document will be available for free to attendees. The Five Wishes include indications on who should make health care decisions and what medical treatment is desired during terminal illness when an individual is no longer capable. Time will be allowed for individual Q&A and group discussion. Please RSVP to the Alpine Area Agency on Aging at email@example.com or (970) 468-0295 x117.
Trending In: Local
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Frisco child pornography trial hinges on disturbing images, chain of custody for digital evidence
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case