Copper Mountain debuts Sherpa, a smartphone app and mountain guide
September 5, 2013
Copper Mountain has developed an app that delivers insider tips, directions and information through voice recordings to guests.
The smart phone application, called Sherpa, is a hands-free mountain guide that provides information using a phone's GPS services.
Terrain updates include details about which sides of the trails have fresh snow and which will be groomed, allowing guests to customize their day on the slopes in real-time. Users can also receive information about promotions and event updates including traffic wait times and road closures.
Sherpa will be available for free download from the Apple iTunes store on Nov. 1, 2013. For the most up-to-date information on Sherpa including a demo video, visit http://www.coppercolorado.com/sherpa.
Trending In: Local
- Colorado River District unveils six principles for water-use reductions for all users
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Dillon Ranger District campgrounds to close for season on Oct. 7
- Dillon man wins Summit County Rotary Club’s annual car raffle
- Colorado Association of Ski Towns releases report to spur transportation changes in resort communities