Copper Mountain hosts pond hockey tournament to benefit Dave Repsher
February 23, 2017
Littleton-based Dawg Nation Hockey Foundation will hold an event benefitting Flight For Life nurse Dave Repsher. The foundation hosted a similar event for Repsher in January of last year, raising $85,000.
Repsher was burned over 90 percent of his body after a Flight For Life helicopter crashed on July 3, 2015.
The event starts Friday at 6 p.m. at Copper Mountain with a pond hockey tournament. Games continue all day Saturday, starting at 7 a.m. On Saturday night, there will be a live auction with the proceeds benefitting Repsher. The auction will be held at Copper Station at 7:30 p.m. The championship games will happen on Sunday morning. Former NHL players Milan Hejduk, Derek Armstrong and Jan Hejda will be participating in the tournament. Players can bid to have the pros on their team with the proceeds going to Repsher.
There is free admission for the hockey tournament and live auction, as well as free food and a cash bar. Registration for the hockey tournament is sold out.
Last year, enough money was raised to allow Repsher's wife to take a year off work in order to stay with him. Martin Richardson, the president of Dawg Nation, is hoping to raise enough funds for them to do that again.
"We want to be able to give her the gift of being by his side for another year," he said.
Trending In: Local
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Search for Tyler Gorrell suspended with no sign of the missing Denver resident
- Tuesday workshop at CMC Breckenridge to focus on building a welcoming community
- Colorado River District unveils six principles for water-use reductions for all users
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)