County to close Swan Mountain Road Wednesday, Thursday for guardrail work
December 11, 2017
Swan Mountain Road will be closed from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. to noon, Wednesday, according to the Summit County Road and Bridge Department.
The closure is to allow crews to install a guardrail, and drivers should plan to use alternate routes.
While crews are working, the road will be closed to traffic in both directions, from Farmer's Korner to the entrance of the Snake River Inlet Trailhead, just west of Glen Cove.
Access from Highway 6 to Summit Cove and Glen Cove will not be affected, according to the department.
Trending In: Local
- Jury shown video of Taft Conlin’s final, fatal run as Vail skier death case wraps first week
- Buffalo Mountain Fire 95 percent contained, locals take over
- Firefighters, EMTs and law enforcement officers end stressful week with cook-off
- Three sought in Bocco fire; Sheriff’s Office wants to question them after witnesses saw them speeding from the area
- 19 locals complete leadership program program
- Summit County real estate feeling impact of ‘wealth effect,’ broker says
- Buffalo Mountain Fire investigation is underway; officials urge hikers to stay out of the area
- Interstate 70 traffic snarls that greeted mountain motorists on Monday could continue for months
- Traffic backed up on westbound I-70 near Vail Pass
- Kona, here she comes: Nancy Peters, 60, goes from last to first in four years to win her age group at Ironman Boulder