County to close Swan Mountain Road Wednesday, Thursday for guardrail work
December 11, 2017
Swan Mountain Road will be closed from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. to noon, Wednesday, according to the Summit County Road and Bridge Department.
The closure is to allow crews to install a guardrail, and drivers should plan to use alternate routes.
While crews are working, the road will be closed to traffic in both directions, from Farmer's Korner to the entrance of the Snake River Inlet Trailhead, just west of Glen Cove.
Access from Highway 6 to Summit Cove and Glen Cove will not be affected, according to the department.
Trending In: Local
- Former students will hold benefit recital for cherished Summit County dance instructor stricken by cancer, stroke
- Frisco Bay Marina’s ‘Big Dig’ would dredge tons of soil to extend boating season, make way for bigger vessels
- Skier killed in tree collision at Breckenridge Ski Resort identified by coroner
- Hey, Spike! bids former Summit Daily News publisher Jim Morgan a happy retirement
- Should Colorado host the Winter Olympics? The Summit Daily wants to hear from you
- Prominent climate scientist predicts Summit County’s climate in 2050. It might not be what you expect
- New parking garage comes with plans to better manage traffic in downtown Breckenridge
- High Country Crime: Pain drugs stolen from ski patrol shack atop Buttermilk
- Colorado startup launches product to facilitate ski-to-ski binding switches with bare hands
- Federal, state, local authorities work together to avoid catastrophe at Green Mountain Reservoir