Crews work to supress Freeman Fire near Ruedi Reservoir
October 16, 2016
CARBONDALE — Local emergency service resources transitioned the Freeman Fire to the Upper Colorado River Fire Interagency Management Unit (UCR) Type III Incident Commander on the evening of Oct. 15. As of 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, the fire had grown to 294 acres with zero containment. The fire is actively burning north of Ruedi Reservoir between the Two by Four and Freeman Creek drainages in fine grass, brush and timber stands.
There were approximately 80 personnel on the fire Sunday. Resources on the fire include two Type I helicopters, a Type III helicopter, two 20-person hot shot crews, two 20-person Type II hand crews and three federal engines.
There were no evacuation notices or pre-evacuation notices as of 11:30 a.m. on Sunday — there were no road closures, trail closures or area closures at that time.
Follow White River news on Twitter and Facebook for more updates.
Trending In: Local
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Permit system goes into effect Wednesday for overnight visitors to Conundrum Hot Springs
- Red, White and Blue Fire Protection District hosting candidate forum ahead of first contested board election in years
- ‘Skiing off to war’ presents story of 10th Mountain Division Wednesday
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- At Copper Mountain Resort’s closing weekend, slopesoakers explain what makes a great pond skimmer (video)