Cycle Silverthorne Month features numerous events throughout June
May 31, 2017
Silverthorne is celebrating Cycle Silverthorne Month this June with a series of bike-friendly activities and special programming.
According to the town, the effort is meant to encourage residents and visitors alike to use their bicycles as their preferred mode of transportation, while also promoting bike safety.
Kicking things off today will be the Silverthorne Elementary School Bike to School Day and Bike Rodeo, in which students are encouraged to ride their bikes to school, participate in the rodeo and complete an obstacle course.
Also, a free drop-in class titled, "Yoga for Cyclists," will be at 6 p.m. June 5, 12, 19 and 26 at the Silverthorne Recreation Center.
Also, another class, "Mountain Bike FUNdamentals" will be offered at 5 p.m. June 6 and 8, also at the rec center. The class will cost $18 for non-pass holders or $15 for pass holders and employees. It is for ages 18 and up, and registration is required. Call 970-262-7370 to sign up.
Other Cycle Silverthorne events include:
Recommended Stories For You
• Bikes and Beers Happy Hour at 5-7 p.m. June 7 at The Bakers' Brewery
• Blue River Trail Lunch Ride at noon June 13 and 22 at the Silverthorne Recreation Center
• Celebrate Father's Day with a Ride to Higgles Ice Cream on June 18
• Celebrate Summit County's Bike to Work Week June 19-23
• Pedals and Pizza from 4:30–6:30 p.m. June 21 at Sauce on the Blue
• Spanish-Led Indoor Cycling Class at 6:30 pm June 22 and 29 at the Silverthorne Recreation Center
• Silverthorne Performing Arts Center Grand Opening Ride at noon June 24 at the grand opening
• And Happy Hour Ride at 5 p.m. June 27 at The Silverthorne Recreation Center.
Additionally, starting today riders can pick up a "Bike Bingo" card from participating businesses and become eligible to win prizes at the June 21 Bike to Work Happy Hour event at Sauce on the Blue.
For more info about Cycle Silverthorne Month, go to Silverthorne.org.
Trending In: Local
- Steadman Clinic opens new expanded facility in Frisco
- Silverthorne finalizes pay increase for next town council
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak
- Keystone Resort changes up parking situation in advance of opening day
- Friends of the Dillon Ranger District to host second annual Casino Night fundraiser on Feb. 7
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Breckenridge Ski Resort’s ‘epic’ winter keeps getting better as it nears 200 inches for the season
- Misjudgments led to avalanche that killed Longmont man in southwestern Colorado, according to report
- No one injured or missing in skier-triggered avalanche at Loveland Ski Area