Deadline fast approaching to submit work for Summit Arts Council’s upcoming show
July 11, 2018
The Summit County Arts Council is calling for art donations for its upcoming show, "100 for $100/ Affordable Art for Everyone."
The work will be on display at Arts Alive Gallery throughout August, with an opening reception on from 4:30-7:30 p.m. Aug. 11 at the Breckenridge gallery, 500 S. Main St., inside the La Cima Mall.
Donations should be original artwork, including all types of paintings, photographs, ceramics, sculpture, jewelry and fabric or metal art. Each piece should be valued at $100 or greater. Artists can donate more than one piece.
The artwork will be sold for $100 each at the sale, All proceeds will benefit the Summit County Arts Council, and the sale is being offered as a great way for artists to present their work to the public while supporting the nonprofit group that has worked toward promoting art in the Summit County area since 1995.
For more or to download entry forms, go to SummitArts.org and click on "events." Also, forms are available at Arts Alive Gallery. The deadline is July 20.
Trending In: Local
- Vote to save the Tabor. Leadville’s iconic Tabor Opera House the only Colorado site selected for national preservation campaign
- Outlets to host Wednesday hiring event featuring dozens of big-name brands
- Dillon Dam Road to close for scheduled maintenance Oct.15-19
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Breckenridge Town Council set to ban Segways after Aspen business inquires about expansion
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Summit Spirits: What is the difference between a ghost and a spirit?