Death Cafe coming to Silverthorne on Sunday
May 27, 2017
Dr. Karen Wyatt will be facilitating a death café from 4-6 p.m. today in Silverthorne. A death cafe is a casual meeting in which people can have end-of-life conversations in a comfortable, casual setting.
Wyatt is a physician and author of various books on end-of-life experiences. She said the meeting will have no program nor will it follow any agenda. Rather, it is meant to be a comfortable conversation about death. Wyatt said death cafes are especially helpful for someone who might want to have this kind of conversation, but doesn't necessarily feel he or she has anyone to have it with.
The café will be at a private home, 1111 Rainbow Drive in Silverthorne. Everyone is welcome, but because it's in a private home, Wyatt is asking that attendees RVSP via email at Karen@karenwyattmd.com. Space is limited.
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge fire district’s first contested election in years could shape future of county ambulance system
- CDOT to begin road work on Highway 9 in Frisco
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- An FAQ for paying property taxes in Summit County
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skimmer charged with pair of misdemeanors, dodging possible felony
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations named best large company in Denver Post’s 2018 Top Workplaces list
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver