Death Cafe coming to Silverthorne on Sunday
May 27, 2017
Dr. Karen Wyatt will be facilitating a death café from 4-6 p.m. today in Silverthorne. A death cafe is a casual meeting in which people can have end-of-life conversations in a comfortable, casual setting.
Wyatt is a physician and author of various books on end-of-life experiences. She said the meeting will have no program nor will it follow any agenda. Rather, it is meant to be a comfortable conversation about death. Wyatt said death cafes are especially helpful for someone who might want to have this kind of conversation, but doesn't necessarily feel he or she has anyone to have it with.
The café will be at a private home, 1111 Rainbow Drive in Silverthorne. Everyone is welcome, but because it's in a private home, Wyatt is asking that attendees RVSP via email at Karen@karenwyattmd.com. Space is limited.
Trending In: Local
- Search for Tyler Gorrell suspended with no sign of the missing Denver resident
- Glitchy DMV systems, hiker deaths, understaffed jail — just some of the issues facing Summit County
- Breckenridge’s short-term rentals won’t see any ‘no-knock raids,’ staff explains
- WOW! art sale takes place Sunday
- Applicants received ahead of Monday’s deadline likely to land homes at Silverthorne’s Smith Ranch
- Breckenridge updates rules for short-term rentals amid firestorm of protests
- UPDATE: 43-year-old Pennsylvania woman killed in 150-foot fall on Mount Royal
- Drug dealer gets 5 years for selling fatal dose of Fentanyl
- Mountain Lyon Cafe in Silverthorne will migrate a few blocks this fall
- Silverthorne resident comes to rescue of choking man