Death Cafe coming to Silverthorne on Sunday
May 27, 2017
Dr. Karen Wyatt will be facilitating a death café from 4-6 p.m. today in Silverthorne. A death cafe is a casual meeting in which people can have end-of-life conversations in a comfortable, casual setting.
Wyatt is a physician and author of various books on end-of-life experiences. She said the meeting will have no program nor will it follow any agenda. Rather, it is meant to be a comfortable conversation about death. Wyatt said death cafes are especially helpful for someone who might want to have this kind of conversation, but doesn't necessarily feel he or she has anyone to have it with.
The café will be at a private home, 1111 Rainbow Drive in Silverthorne. Everyone is welcome, but because it's in a private home, Wyatt is asking that attendees RVSP via email at Karen@karenwyattmd.com. Space is limited.
Trending In: Local
- Big Boi joins Gramatik for Breck’s Mountain Dew Snow Dance
- Swan Mountain Road to close for part of Thursday
- Breckenridge reels from boy’s death as investigation into fatal truck-on-bike collision continues
- Breckenridge Ski Resort will open Peak 9 terrain before Thanksgiving weekend
- Frisco cuts ribbon on new workforce housing units
- Bell tolls for Breckenridge trail troll as town council votes to remove controversial art piece
- Breckenridge takes down trail troll
- Isak Heartstone saved? Artist claims deal with Breckenridge to rebuild beloved troll
- Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin ski areas to open new terrain
- Danish artist Thomas Dambo wants to save Breckenridge’s embattled trail troll