Dillon Dam Road to close June 5 and 6 for maintenance, security work
June 2, 2017
Dillon Dam Road will be closed to vehicle traffic on June 5 and 6 between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. for Denver Water maintenance on security facilities and for routine road maintenance by the Summit County Road and Bridge Department.
Construction work is also ongoing at this location for Summit County Open Space & Trails' project to improve the Dillon Dam recreation path. However, a recpath detour will remain in place during all construction activities, allowing recpath users to travel across Dillon Dam. Emergency vehicle access will also be maintained during construction.
This road closure has been coordinated with the Dillon Dam Security Task Force, which is composed of officials from Denver Water, Summit County Government and the towns of Dillon, Silverthorne and Frisco, as well as local law enforcement and emergency response agencies.
Trending In: Local
- ‘We knew it was arson’; Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were the country’s ‘worst eco-terrorist attack’
- Summit County to consider draft of short-term rental regulations at Tuesday meeting
- Summit High, Middle schools to hold ribbon-cutting ceremonies
- 62-year-old Dillon woman dies skydiving in California
- Summit County Coroner’s Office hosts Frisco Zombie Walk
- Swastikas, SS bolts spray painted on Sheriff Jaime FitzSimons’ campaign posters
- At Arapahoe Basin Ski Area’s opening day, shredders share their new ski season resolutions
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Town staff recommends that Breckenridge should keep controversial troll in place for now
- Dillon celebrates first year successes of revamped amphitheater, looks ahead to 2019