Dillon Dam Road to close June 5 and 6 for maintenance, security work
June 2, 2017
Dillon Dam Road will be closed to vehicle traffic on June 5 and 6 between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. for Denver Water maintenance on security facilities and for routine road maintenance by the Summit County Road and Bridge Department.
Construction work is also ongoing at this location for Summit County Open Space & Trails' project to improve the Dillon Dam recreation path. However, a recpath detour will remain in place during all construction activities, allowing recpath users to travel across Dillon Dam. Emergency vehicle access will also be maintained during construction.
This road closure has been coordinated with the Dillon Dam Security Task Force, which is composed of officials from Denver Water, Summit County Government and the towns of Dillon, Silverthorne and Frisco, as well as local law enforcement and emergency response agencies.
Trending In: Local
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- Breckenridge swearing in new police chief on April 23
- Boulder’s Mark Williams delightfully disrupting best-laid Democratic campaign plans
- ‘Skiing off to war’ presents story of 10th Mountain Division Wednesday
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017
- La Escondida: A hidden-gem bakery in Silverthorne