Dillon Dam Road to close June 5 and 6 for maintenance, security work
June 2, 2017
Dillon Dam Road will be closed to vehicle traffic on June 5 and 6 between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. for Denver Water maintenance on security facilities and for routine road maintenance by the Summit County Road and Bridge Department.
Construction work is also ongoing at this location for Summit County Open Space & Trails' project to improve the Dillon Dam recreation path. However, a recpath detour will remain in place during all construction activities, allowing recpath users to travel across Dillon Dam. Emergency vehicle access will also be maintained during construction.
This road closure has been coordinated with the Dillon Dam Security Task Force, which is composed of officials from Denver Water, Summit County Government and the towns of Dillon, Silverthorne and Frisco, as well as local law enforcement and emergency response agencies.
Trending In: Local
- Wildfire updates from across Colorado
- Summit County’s animal shelter makes sure no pet is left behind when wildfire hits
- Ask Eartha: Is drought the new normal for the Mountain West?
- Some residents ‘skeptical’ of Silverthorne’s plans to slow traffic downtown
- Hey, Spike! enjoys seeing locals, visitors and touring artists
- Former Silverthorne home of Broncos mascot hits market for $23M
- Frisco Bay Marina closes boat ramp, gas dock due to low water
- Frisco’s Whole Foods Market withdraws liquor license application, defusing tensions with local businesses
- Sorry Ironman, Breck Epic will stay ‘true,’ founder says
- Breckenridge ready to ‘finish Peak 8’ with luxury hotel, condos