Dillon Dam Road to close June 5 and 6 for maintenance, security work
June 2, 2017
Dillon Dam Road will be closed to vehicle traffic on June 5 and 6 between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. for Denver Water maintenance on security facilities and for routine road maintenance by the Summit County Road and Bridge Department.
Construction work is also ongoing at this location for Summit County Open Space & Trails' project to improve the Dillon Dam recreation path. However, a recpath detour will remain in place during all construction activities, allowing recpath users to travel across Dillon Dam. Emergency vehicle access will also be maintained during construction.
This road closure has been coordinated with the Dillon Dam Security Task Force, which is composed of officials from Denver Water, Summit County Government and the towns of Dillon, Silverthorne and Frisco, as well as local law enforcement and emergency response agencies.
Trending In: Local
- Suspect in custody after officer-involved shooting near Whole Foods in Frisco
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night
- Justin Erwin accepts plea agreement in 2016 Silverthorne sexual assault case