Dillon Ranger District campgrounds to close for season on Oct. 7
September 18, 2018
The Dillon Ranger District has announced that Forest Service campgrounds around Green Mountain Reservoir and Dillon Reservoir in Summit County will close for the season starting on Sunday, Oct. 7. Cataract Creek and McDonald Flats Campgrounds will remain open, weather dependent, with limited services and no fee requirement to provide camping opportunities during the hunting season.
"As the summer comes to an end, I would like to thank all forest visitors for a great camping season," said district ranger Bill Jackson in a press release. "Depending on the weather, we are hoping to provide camping at Cataract Creek and McDonald Flats Campgrounds with limited services through the November 14 to 18 hunting season. As a reminder, camping is not permitted off of County Road 30 in the Grandview Cemetery."
Jackson said that although other closures are due to environmental conditions, such as boat ramp closures at Green Mountain Reservoir, the campground closure is routine as winter sets in.
Trending In: Local
- Colorado Mountain College purchases Breckenridge apartment buildings, certifies mill levy
- Summit County commissioners approve $126 million budget for 2019
- Summit County comes together and sings Christmas carols for cancer-stricken SHS student Taylor Ash
- SHS kids score big at regional jazz competition
- Vail Resorts to announce recipients of $2.3 million in community grant awards
- Breckenridge reaches an agreement with ski resort on parking garage
- Breckenridge, ski resort reach deal to build parking garage on South Gondola Lot
- Denver loses U.S. bid for 2030 Olympics to Salt Lake City
- Two arrested for participation in poaching operation
- Mountain Wheels: Colorado drivers – I have some questions for you