Dillon seeking donations for new community garden
April 6, 2018
The Town of Dillon is opening a community garden for its citizens and Summit County residents in the spring of 2018, and preliminary site preparation and garden bed fabrication are already underway.
Leslie's Garden, made possible through a donation from a local family, will boast the true essence of an English garden. Flower clipping berms, individual garden boxes, a community gathering location and educational sessions are all planned for the space. The garden will be located at the corner of Lake Dillon Drive and Tenderfoot Street behind the Summit Stage bus stop, on the northeast side of the Dillon Fire House.
The garden's organizers are currently seeking in-kind donations to help set up the garden, including everything from tools to topsoil to trees. The town is also accepting cash donations.
Trending In: Local
- Dillon man wins Summit County Rotary Club’s annual car raffle
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- A 10 mile stretch between Silverthorne and Kremmling is the deadliest on all of Highway 9
- Breckenridge reels from boy’s death as investigation into fatal truck-on-bike collision continues
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect