Epic Mountain Express to host 21st annual Fill the Van food drive on Saturday, Nov. 3
November 1, 2018
Express to host 21st annual Fill the Van food drive
Epic Mountain Express will host its 21st annual Fill the Van food drive on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The food drive will collect thousands of pounds of food from across Colorado's mountain communities for food banks. Epic Mountain Express vans will be parked outside of grocery stores throughout Summit and Eagle counties, while Colorado Mountain Express vans will be at Roaring Fork Valley collection sites.
As part of the joint fundraising effort between Epic Mountain Express, Vail Resorts EpicPromise, the Vail, Avon and Eagle police departments, and Eagle County Sheriff's Department, the collected donations will remain in the county in which they were donated. Beneficiaries include the Family & Intercultural Resource Center and Father Dyer Food Bank in Summit County, Vail Valley Salvation Army and Lift Up! in the Roaring Fork Valley.
"For more than two decades, Fill the Van has helped stock the local food bank pantries to support those in need," said Nathan Drechsler, general manager of Epic Mountain Express. "We're looking forward to another successful drive this year and encourage community members across the mountain regions to support this food collection effort, especially as we prepare for the holiday season."
Recommended Stories For You
In Summit County, Collection vans will be parked outside the City Market stores in Breckenridge and Dillon.
To learn more, visit EpicMountainExpress.com or EpicPromise.com
— Deepan Dutta
Trending In: Local
- Colorado Mountain College purchases Breckenridge apartment buildings, certifies mill levy
- Summit County comes together and sings Christmas carols for cancer-stricken SHS student Taylor Ash
- Summit County commissioners approve $126 million budget for 2019
- SHS kids score big at regional jazz competition
- Keystone Resort changes up parking situation in advance of opening day
- Breckenridge reaches an agreement with ski resort on parking garage
- Denver loses U.S. bid for 2030 Olympics to Salt Lake City
- Two arrested for participation in poaching operation
- Mountain Wheels: Colorado drivers – I have some questions for you
- Breckenridge, ski resort reach deal to build parking garage on South Gondola Lot