FDRD, Girl Scouts, Keystone Science School host Family Trail Day
June 28, 2018
In partnership with the Girl Scouts and Keystone Science School, the Friends of the Dillon Ranger District are hosting a forest education event for the entire family. Keystone Science School educators and Girl Scout volunteers will engage the kids in fun, hands-on nature activities and a nature hike under staff supervision, while adults mingle and help with trail work such as light shoveling, raking and moving heavy logs and rocks. At noon everyone will get together for a barbeque. The project is intended for families with kids 6-12.
The event will take place from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Baker's Tank trailhead near 3311 Boreas Pass Road in Breckenridge.
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Breckenridge Ski Resort’s ‘epic’ winter keeps getting better as it nears 200 inches for the season
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Misjudgments led to avalanche that killed Longmont man in southwestern Colorado, according to report