FDRD, Girl Scouts, Keystone Science School host Family Trail Day
June 28, 2018
In partnership with the Girl Scouts and Keystone Science School, the Friends of the Dillon Ranger District are hosting a forest education event for the entire family. Keystone Science School educators and Girl Scout volunteers will engage the kids in fun, hands-on nature activities and a nature hike under staff supervision, while adults mingle and help with trail work such as light shoveling, raking and moving heavy logs and rocks. At noon everyone will get together for a barbeque. The project is intended for families with kids 6-12.
The event will take place from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Baker's Tank trailhead near 3311 Boreas Pass Road in Breckenridge.
Trending In: Local
- Dillon man wins Summit County Rotary Club’s annual car raffle
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Breckenridge reels from boy’s death as investigation into fatal truck-on-bike collision continues
- A 10 mile stretch between Silverthorne and Kremmling is the deadliest on all of Highway 9
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect