FIRC hosts final insurance sign-up session
January 29, 2017
The deadline to sign up for health insurance is on Jan. 31. Without health insurance there is a tax penalty of either 2.5 percent of household income, or $695 per adult in the family, and $347.50 per child under 18. The penalty will be whichever amount is greater.
The Family and Intercultural Resource Center will have its final day of walk-in assistance for those looking to sign up for insurance on Jan. 30 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The walk-in session is only at their office in Breckenridge. Staff at FIRC can help people determine if a family qualifies for discounted coverage.
People signing up through FIRC will need to bring an ID, pay stubs and information associated with their Colorado's Peak Program account if applicable.
People can also enroll on ConnectforHealthco.com, and see if they are eligible for a discount on ColoradoPeak.Force.com.
Trending In: Local
- Vote to save the Tabor. Leadville’s iconic Tabor Opera House the only Colorado site selected for national preservation campaign
- Outlets to host Wednesday hiring event featuring dozens of big-name brands
- Dillon Dam Road to close for scheduled maintenance Oct.15-19
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Breckenridge Town Council set to ban Segways after Aspen business inquires about expansion
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Letter | Gansmann: Enough is enough on county requests for blank checks