Free snowshoe hike at sunset Saturday in Silverthorne
March 8, 2018
The town of Silverthorne is welcoming people to enjoy a free Sunset Snowshoe Hike from 6-9 p.m. Saturday at the Angler Mountain Trailhead.
The hike will come with some nature-based activities, and warm beverages and snacks will be served at North Pond Park following the trek.
Interested participants should bring their own snowshoes, and trekking poles are recommended, according to the town.
To get to the trailhead, people should turn east at the intersection of Highway 9 and Bald Eagle Road.
From there, go about half-a-mile on Bald Eagle Road, and the trailhead will be on the right.
Pre-registration is being requested. People can do so at Silverthorne.org or by calling 970-262-7370.
Trending In: Local
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Search for Tyler Gorrell suspended with no sign of the missing Denver resident
- Colorado River District unveils six principles for water-use reductions for all users
- Gary Rodgers stepping down as president and general manager of Copper Mountain Resort
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited