Frisco brewery in running for USA Today’s 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards
February 20, 2018
A four-person panel of experts has nominated its favorite 20 new breweries, defined as those founded within the last two years, for USA Today's 10Best Readers' Choice Awards, and Frisco's Outer Range Brewing has made the cut for Best New Brewery.
The two-sentence summary on the contest website highlights the local brewery's focus on Belgians and IPAs, but adds that its tap list includes almost a dozen different beers, often poured alongside food trucks.
The 20 featured breweries come from across the U.S. — from Florida to Oregon, Connecticut to California — with New Image Brewing, based out of Arvada, being the only other brewery from Colorado to be selected.
Now, it's America's job to narrow the nominees down to 10, and people can vote for their favorite new breweries online once a day until noon March 19. The winners will be announced March 23.
Trending In: Local
- Steadman Clinic opens new expanded facility in Frisco
- Silverthorne finalizes pay increase for next town council
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak
- Keystone Resort changes up parking situation in advance of opening day
- Friends of the Dillon Ranger District to host second annual Casino Night fundraiser on Feb. 7
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Breckenridge Ski Resort’s ‘epic’ winter keeps getting better as it nears 200 inches for the season
- Misjudgments led to avalanche that killed Longmont man in southwestern Colorado, according to report
- No one injured or missing in skier-triggered avalanche at Loveland Ski Area