Frisco Gold Rush Races celebrate 47 years
February 3, 2017
The Frisco Gold Rush Races are returning to Frisco for their 47th annual event benefitting the Summit Nordic Ski Club. A portion of this year's proceeds will help local athletes get to the Junior Nationals.
This year, the Colorado High School Activities Association races will happen on a separate day. The races will start at 10 a.m. on Feb. 11. Later that night, the Eat, Ski and Be Merry Dinner will start at 6 p.m. Guests can enjoy food and drinks as well as two bonfires. Luminaries will light the route along the Frisco Penninsula. The party will be at the Frisco Adventure Park Day Lodge. Tickets for the dinner are available at SummitNordicSkiClub.org.
The rest of the races will be held on Feb. 12. The day begins with the 20k Skate Ski at 9 a.m. Pre-registration is open until noon on Feb. 11. For more information and for online registration go to FriscoNordic.com.
Trending In: Local
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Search for Tyler Gorrell suspended with no sign of the missing Denver resident
- Tuesday workshop at CMC Breckenridge to focus on building a welcoming community
- Outlets to host Wednesday hiring event featuring dozens of big-name brands
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited