Frisco Town Clean Up Day and barbecue to be held May 20
May 11, 2017
The town of Frisco will be participating in the Countywide Town Clean Up Day on Saturday, May 20. Billed as a chance for citizens to get together to clean up neighborhoods, parks, open spaces, business areas and trails in anticipation of summer, the event will begin at 9 a.m. at the Frisco Historic Park on Main Street between First and Second avenues.
During the volunteer check in at 9 a.m., there will be coffee provided by Starbucks and donuts from Safeway, according to a news release. At that time, volunteers will also receive gloves, orange trash bags and tickets for door prize drawings, lunch and free beers or lemonade. Volunteers may ask to be assigned to a clean up area or they may select an area in Frisco that they feel would benefit from their efforts, the release said.
After the clean up, volunteers will be invited back to the Historic Park for a volunteer appreciation barbecue with burgers and hot dogs grilled up by Frisco Town Council. Safeway is providing the food for the BBQ and Backcountry Brewery is donating the beer.
The barbecue will also include volunteer door prizes and awards from local merchants for the most valuable, most unique and the ickiest finds of the day. Climax Molybdenum Company is presenting the musical entertainment, The Sessh, from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Colorado Parks and Wildlife will be on hand to talk about their bear aware program, and the Frisco Elementary Green Team will be present as well. The town of Frisco Community Development Department will also be available to answer questions and get feedback about the unified development code revision process, and the town of Frisco Public Works Department will have a few big trucks at the barbecue for kids and adults to check out. For the first time, the town will also be accepting clean textile donations in any condition throughout the day.
Household waste is not accepted at the Frisco Clean Up Day. However, Summit County will host a free electronics, pharmaceutical and household hazardous waste disposal and recycling event on Saturday, May 20, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Summit Stage Bus Barn at 0222 County Shops Road, next to the County Commons. A list of accepted items and for additional information can be found at co.summit.co.us or by calling (970) 468-9263.
Trending In: Local
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- ‘Skiing off to war’ presents story of 10th Mountain Division Wednesday
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Permit system goes into effect Wednesday for overnight visitors to Conundrum Hot Springs
- Boulder’s Mark Williams delightfully disrupting best-laid Democratic campaign plans
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017
- La Escondida: A hidden-gem bakery in Silverthorne