Frisco’s Meadow Creek Pond closed for skating
February 22, 2018
Ice-skating at Meadow Creek Pond is closed for the season due to ice fishing holes that have allowed the water to bubble up and flood the ice surface, the Frisco Public Works Department has announced.
The water from the fishing holes has created a mix of ice and slush that makes skating hazardous and also prevents public works from maintaining the ice. The pond had been open for skating since December.
Trending In: Local
- Former students will hold benefit recital for cherished Summit County dance instructor stricken by cancer, stroke
- Frisco Bay Marina’s ‘Big Dig’ would dredge tons of soil to extend boating season, make way for bigger vessels
- Skier killed in tree collision at Breckenridge Ski Resort identified by coroner
- Hey, Spike! bids former Summit Daily News publisher Jim Morgan a happy retirement
- Should Colorado host the Winter Olympics? The Summit Daily wants to hear from you
- Prominent climate scientist predicts Summit County’s climate in 2050. It might not be what you expect
- New parking garage comes with plans to better manage traffic in downtown Breckenridge
- Frisco residents resist ballot measure that would authorize workforce housing on “pocket park”
- In Summit County, vacation rentals often, but not always, more profitable than long-term leasing
- High Country Crime: Pain drugs stolen from ski patrol shack atop Buttermilk