Frisco’s Meadow Creek Pond closed for skating
February 22, 2018
Ice-skating at Meadow Creek Pond is closed for the season due to ice fishing holes that have allowed the water to bubble up and flood the ice surface, the Frisco Public Works Department has announced.
The water from the fishing holes has created a mix of ice and slush that makes skating hazardous and also prevents public works from maintaining the ice. The pond had been open for skating since December.
Trending In: Local
- Dillon man wins Summit County Rotary Club’s annual car raffle
- Colorado River District unveils six principles for water-use reductions for all users
- Dillon Ranger District campgrounds to close for season on Oct. 7
- Breckenridge reels from boy’s death as investigation into fatal truck-on-bike collision continues
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow