Frisco’s Outer Range up to No. 3 in USA TODAY readers’ choice contest
March 4, 2018
Outer Range Brewing in Frisco has climbed to No. 3 for the Best New Brewery in USA TODAY's 10Best Readers' Choice Awards.
For the contest, a four-person panel of experts nominated its favorite 20 new breweries, all founded within the last two years.
On Feb. 19, Outer Range was trending at the No. 7 slot. However, the local brewery was up to No. 3 on Sunday, behind only the Barrel Theory Beer Company of St. Paul, Minnesota, and Dancing Gnome Beer, based in Pittsburgh.
The 20 featured breweries come from across the country, and New Image Brewing in Arvada, currently ranked No. 5, was the only other one from Colorado to make the cut.
Because this is a readers' choice contest, the voting is entirely online, and people may cast votes for their favorite new brewery once a day until noon March 19. The winners will be announced March 23.
Trending In: Local
- Summit County senior center lowers age requirement from 55 to 50 in effort to increase membership
- Former students will hold benefit recital for cherished Summit County dance instructor stricken by cancer, stroke
- Skier killed in tree collision at Breckenridge Ski Resort identified by coroner
- Frisco Bay Marina’s ‘Big Dig’ would dredge tons of soil to extend boating season, make way for bigger vessels
- Free workshop in Frisco to focus on business development
- Frisco residents resist ballot measure that would authorize workforce housing on “pocket park”
- Prominent climate scientist predicts Summit County’s climate in 2050. It might not be what you expect
- In Summit County, vacation rentals often, but not always, more profitable than long-term leasing
- New parking garage comes with plans to better manage traffic in downtown Breckenridge
- Crepes a la Cart’s second location eases pressure on one of Breckenridge’s longest, most prohibitive lines