Frisco’s Outer Range up to No. 3 in USA TODAY readers’ choice contest
March 4, 2018
Outer Range Brewing in Frisco has climbed to No. 3 for the Best New Brewery in USA TODAY's 10Best Readers' Choice Awards.
For the contest, a four-person panel of experts nominated its favorite 20 new breweries, all founded within the last two years.
On Feb. 19, Outer Range was trending at the No. 7 slot. However, the local brewery was up to No. 3 on Sunday, behind only the Barrel Theory Beer Company of St. Paul, Minnesota, and Dancing Gnome Beer, based in Pittsburgh.
The 20 featured breweries come from across the country, and New Image Brewing in Arvada, currently ranked No. 5, was the only other one from Colorado to make the cut.
Because this is a readers' choice contest, the voting is entirely online, and people may cast votes for their favorite new brewery once a day until noon March 19. The winners will be announced March 23.
Trending In: Local
- Big Boi joins Gramatik for Breck’s Mountain Dew Snow Dance
- Coldwell Banker Mountain Properties supports Summit County animal shelter
- Summit County schoolchildren hold donation drives for the Summit County animal shelter
- Colorado encouraging residents to start ‘Fresh Air Friday’ tradition after Thanksgiving
- Mountain Wheels: Tiny Chevy Trax will still get through the worst of conditions
- Dave and Amanda Repsher settle back into Summit County life years after deadly helicopter crash
- Summit County is contemplating changing tax assessment rates on for-profit homeowners
- String of fights at Summit High School could lead to charges against multiple students
- Summit Daily letters: Shame on you, town of Breck
- Slash and burn: photos from the pile burnings along Swan Mountain Road