Frisco’s Outer Range up to No. 3 in USA TODAY readers’ choice contest
March 4, 2018
Outer Range Brewing in Frisco has climbed to No. 3 for the Best New Brewery in USA TODAY's 10Best Readers' Choice Awards.
For the contest, a four-person panel of experts nominated its favorite 20 new breweries, all founded within the last two years.
On Feb. 19, Outer Range was trending at the No. 7 slot. However, the local brewery was up to No. 3 on Sunday, behind only the Barrel Theory Beer Company of St. Paul, Minnesota, and Dancing Gnome Beer, based in Pittsburgh.
The 20 featured breweries come from across the country, and New Image Brewing in Arvada, currently ranked No. 5, was the only other one from Colorado to make the cut.
Because this is a readers' choice contest, the voting is entirely online, and people may cast votes for their favorite new brewery once a day until noon March 19. The winners will be announced March 23.
Trending In: Local
- Jury shown video of Taft Conlin’s final, fatal run as Vail skier death case wraps first week
- Buffalo Mountain Fire 95 percent contained, locals take over
- Jury deliberating Taft Conlin skier death case against Vail Resorts
- Firefighters, EMTs and law enforcement officers end stressful week with cook-off
- Three sought in Bocco fire; Sheriff’s Office wants to question them after witnesses saw them speeding from the area
- Summit County real estate feeling impact of ‘wealth effect,’ broker says
- Interstate 70 traffic snarls that greeted mountain motorists on Monday could continue for months
- Buffalo Mountain Fire investigation is underway; officials urge hikers to stay out of the area
- Kona, here she comes: Nancy Peters, 60, goes from last to first in four years to win her age group at Ironman Boulder
- New chef plates up ‘new consciousness’ at Blue River Bistro in Breckenridge