Fundraiser to benefit PEO Chapter IB on Thursday, Feb. 15 will raise money for scholarships for women
February 5, 2018
The Philanthropic Educational Organization (PEO) Chapter IB will be holding a fundraiser on Thursday, Feb. 15 from 7 to 9 pm at the Dillon Community Church. The event will raise money for scholarships to help local women pursue educational opportunities locally and abroad. The fundraiser will feature a slideshow of nature photographs taken by Silverthorne resident Bill Linfield in 2017. Linfield's wife, daughter, mother and sisters are all members of the PEO, and this will be the sixth time he presents his photographs to benefit the organization.
The PEO, founded in Iowa in 1869, is a philanthropic organization that aims to "celebrate the advancement of women" and promotes women's education through scholarship, grants, loans and awards. It claims a quarter million members in chapters across the U.S. and Canada. According to its website, the PEO has given over $304 million in scholarships and financial assistance to over 102,000 recipients.
A silent auction will follow the slideshow. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased by contacting Alicia Dunn at 970-389-6915.
Trending In: Local
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- ‘Skiing off to war’ presents story of 10th Mountain Division Wednesday
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Permit system goes into effect Wednesday for overnight visitors to Conundrum Hot Springs
- Boulder’s Mark Williams delightfully disrupting best-laid Democratic campaign plans
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017
- La Escondida: A hidden-gem bakery in Silverthorne